When transporting and storing pharmaceutical products, there is no room for mistakes when it comes to hygiene and protection. From powders to pills, you want to ensure the highest possible levels of cleanliness. What are the challenges the pharma industry faces when it comes to packaging solutions and how does MAP solve these?
Packaging challenges for pharmaceuticals
Medication can be highly sensitive to influences from outside their packaging. One of the main goals in pharmaceutical packaging is protecting the active ingredients in the products against moisture and, for biological medicine specifically, oxygen. These factors can affect the effectiveness of the drug and even contaminate it.
FIBCs can carry various pharmaceutical materials, from fine powder to liquids. But even with their great versatility. Filling angles and the form of the Big Bag play a big role in this. You don't want to lose product in the filling process or in the corners of the bag.
How Masterpack and MAP help the pharma industry
- To keep the products safe for consumers, MAP protects the product against moisture and oxygen, without the use of any chemicals.
- Thanks to the construction of our FIBCs with form-stable liners, no product needs to be spilled during filling the bag. We offer a wide range of liners that protect the medication against any contamination.
- By choosing the most effective packaging materials and fitting them immediately to the bag, we reduce packaging costs and cut back on waste caused by liners.
- In our top-grade Clean Rooms we ensure that pharmaceuticals are being handled and filled in a 100% hygienic environment, minimizing the risk of contamination.
- We perform safe and precise testing and quality controls with Sensor Spot, which allows us to check the modified atmosphere within the package without having to puncture or open the packaging, allowing no room for pests, oxygen, moisture, or contamination to get in.
Your product, our concern
Find out more about our work in the pharma industry in this case study, our directly contact our team to find out what we can do for you.