In this blog we are going back to basics: Why are FIBCs the way to go in packaging your product? They’re big and bulky, but still efficient in transport and storage. FIBCs come in many shapes and sizes, but it’s their form specifically that plays a big role in saving space. In this blog we explain more about this aspect of Big Bags, and what the advantages are for your business!
Circular and curvy
With the earliest versions of FIBCs, a problem arose when filling the bag. Because of the shape, the FIBC got rounded corners when it was being filled, resulting in a circular shape. As one can imagine, circular shapes are suboptimal in most storage facilities or during transport, simply because it becomes harder to stack them together without losing valuable space.
Getting into shape
For that reason, the form of FIBCs got an upgrade. Four interior panels are placed in the corners to keep the bag in a more square shape and upright, even when filled. These modifications enable these bags, compared to basic Big Bag models, to carry and store more product, offering maximum efficiency during handling, transport, and storage of bulk goods.
Masterpack works with the following FIBCs, apart from our standard Big Bags:
- PowerTube® FIBC with pre-shaped liner: perfect fit and hygienic
- TopTube® pre-shaped liner FIBC with a unique top construction: hygienic, tight and cost-effective
- TopQube® form stable FIBC with a unique top construction: hygienic, tight and square
- CleverQube® a unique form stable FIBC with pre-shaped liner: hygienic and unique
- Square Shape FIBC FIBC with baffles of woven fabric or with PP net
- PowerQube® FIBC with form stable liner: stable, strong, square and hygienic
Masterpack: Experts in all things FIBC
We know that choosing the right packaging material is about more than protecting your product. Masterpack is a leading expert in the field of innovative packaging solutions, having developed Modified Atmosphere technique for Big Bags. Want to learn more? Get in touch!